The North West Doctoral Training Centre funds students across the full range of social science disciplines. These are classified into 19 subject pathways:
- Accounting and Finance
- Business and Management
- Development and Humanitarianism*
- Economic and Social History
- Educational Research
- Geography and Environment
- Health and Wellbeing
- Language-Based Area Studies
- Planning and Environment
- Politics in a Global World
- Science, Technology, Innovation and Social Practices*
- Security, Conflict and Justice*
- Social Anthropology
- Social Statistics
- Social Work*
*Please note that, under the North West Social Science Doctoral Training Partnership, these pathway names have changed.
Pathway events are held annually, organised by academic pathway leads. Students are required to identify which pathway they belong to when applying for research expenses, fieldwork, internships etc. For pathway specific queries please contact the relevant pathway lead.
A full up-to-date list of pathway leads is available on the North West Social Science Doctoral Training Partnership website.